• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS or RE gen2 Discos

I have the Gen 2's. They are really nice and EASY to attach/detach. Lose the "pins" they give you and get a comparable size clevis/hitch pin. Theirs fall out.

BE CAREFUL installing the disconnect mount pin (when disconnected) for the passenger side. When drilling at the spot they recommend you'll drill right through one of your AC compressor lines.

:rattle:

I also recommend RE's. I've had them for about a month a half, haven't lost the pins yet tho(thanks for the heads up). I am starting to get some squeaking up front, I think it's the top joint(not bad yet). But love the fact you can just pin them up and the bushings are a nice tight fit :cheers:

Adam

watch out for the flat allen head bolt on the top assemble of the RE Gen 2.

myself and another guy both had them installed per instructions (lock tite) and they came loose/lost on a day long ride.

i'd suggest snugging them up when you dc them

maybe we both just had bad luck

I saw yesterday the RE Gen2 discos. While they are nicer then their gen 1 units they still suck. Anyways if you have the chance, get the JKS.

I have the gen1s and they are fine
It just sucks when it comes to taking them off and putting them back on

Now, the REs and JKSs are around the same price
so what do you guys recommend?
Why?

Bmxpunk1369 said:
gen 2's all the way they are so nice and smooth and they pull up and out of the way in 2 secs. The jks are nice but i tihnk RE has done it right this time.

2nd

I have the Gen2's. No problems at all.

I can see you having problems with the pins. But I make sure mine are installed with the ring side of the pin on top, so it can't drop out. It would have to go up an inch and a half for it to come out.

Another vote for the GEN 2s. No problems with them so far. As stated above, watch out when mounting the extra pins for holding the discos up. I didnt do it where they said. I picked my own spots. They work great tho...

648974_58_full.jpg

648974_57_full.jpg

Justin

Back