• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it possible to unseat a front coil in daily driving?

jtszymano

NAXJA Forum User
Is this possible on just daily driving situations. No offraod, no flex?

Its just that I swapped out coils this weekend and it seems like the coils does not sit at the isolator like the rest of the coils did. This one is sort of slightly offset...Ill get some pics later.
JS

I'd say it's virtually impossible. However ...

In swapping the coils, perhaps you didn't get the top properly set around the isolator in the first place. Or maybe the bottom isn't installed correctly. Did you notice that the bottom coil seat on each side has a small recess where the end of the coil is supposed to fit? If you didn't get the end into the pocket, the coil won't be straight.

Well, I made sure that the bottom part of the coil fit into the groove. The end of the coil abutted the end of the groove as well. Seemed like a snug fit at the bottom portion. Just a little offset at the top...

Im going to snap some pics tonight and post them here to see what you guys think.

Later JS

cps.txt

cps2.txt

The top pics are from the side. This is the offset Im concerned about.

cpt.txt

This is a view of the upper portion from the front.

cpf.txt

This is a pic of the lower part demonstrating that the lower part is seated correctly.

Tell me what you guys think... should I be worried?

Why do you ask? I ordered these using the part numbers from a 2000 UpCountry XJ...

Just posted on other location.

Those aren't factory Jeep looking. Did they have tags on them. The wire dia. looks way to big. Read other post.

mark
orgs mfg

Well legend has it that the UC coils are just a tad bit thicker than the stock non-UC. This was sorta confirmed when I had some stock non-uc coils. Id show you pics but just believe me. The stock non-uc were about .5" in diameter while these were just a tiny bit thicker...

And you are right, they do look thicker than they really are, I think that is just a function my photography(ie close-up view).

Last edited:
Those are not XJ coils,no way no how.Ive seen UC coils!!

RCP, How do you figure? What are you basing your decision on?

Heres another pic:
These are the ZJ UC V8 coils side by side with the XJ UC/ZJ V8 coils that I just put on. The UC ZJ are slightly thicker.

clo.txt

In the above pic, the ZJ UC V8 are on top and the ZJ Non-UC V8 on bottom

cen.txt

In the above, UC left and Non UC right

I wasnt able to see your original Pics,the way your webshots showed the wrapping around the top post's looked strange.Ive got a couple sets of the "UC" springs here and they are "fairly tightly" wound about the upper towers.Your new pics show things closer to what mine look like.

Last edited:
Ok, so getting back to the mounted position. Who thinks that this may be a problem one way or another?? Early fatigue of the pad?? Anything...
JS

jtszymano said:
Ok, so getting back to the mounted position. Who thinks that this may be a problem one way or another?? Early fatigue of the pad?? Anything...
JS

None, the isolators will just crush over time and they will seat themself in. Don't worry about it.

However, you need to get that magnifying lense off your camera. LOL They still look way thicker than Jeep springs, even up country.

mark
orgs mfg

Not that I doubt Marks input, I was just wondering if anyone else had some thoughts on the above set-up.

Any comments would/might help me make a decision on whether I should remove/keep them! Thanks
JS

Back