• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guage lights not working

lankchevy

NAXJA Forum User
my guage lights stoped working on me. the gauges all still work just fine. does anyone know which wire should be the output for the lights coming from the headlight switch? any other possible ideas?

kolby

Read this, may or may not be the problemhttp://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52251

fuse20application2um.jpg

Might have to enlarge the pic,but that module like to drove me up a wall

Had a similar problem,turned out to be the chime module
fuse20application2um.jpg

This shows the module at the top,mine was on the left side.
Module controls the "REALLYANNOYING BUZZER"that you hear when you turn the key on.If the inst panl lights don't work,walk around the vehicle and see if the parking lights work.
If the parking lights don't work and the inst lights don't work,pull the chime module,replace the inst pnl fuse and see if all your lights are working.
Like I said,had the same problem,but wound up payin $130.00 to find out I coulda fixed the damn thing my self :laugh3:

Have you played with the rheostat (dimmer) on the headlight switch? When they get older, they sometimes develop a dead spot, from arcing of the contacts. My 88 is like that at the position just before full bright. If I dim the lights slightly they work fine.

Back