• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My rear is high

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Rustys 3" full spring pack lift on my 96. Had it for about 5 months now. I just took some measurements on it and it's 1" higher in the rear. I'd like to get it as even as possible. I did install .75" spacers up front to help out but I'm still not happy. I am considering swapping the 3" coils for 4.5" ones. If I used the taller coils along with the .75" spacers that would put me somewhere at .50" taller in front. I know I will need an adjustable trackbar. Is it best to replace both UCA's and LCA's or can I just do lowers?

Also...I haven't wheeled at all since buying the Jeep last year. I've never wheeled at all. I am moving to the Durango area in a few months and hope to do a lot there. Do you think the rear leafs might settle more when they are flexed? If so then maybe I should wait a bit before messing with the front. Any input?

They're stiff as hell. I'm just a lightweight at 165 but when I stand on the bumper they don't give at all. Could make for a lot of sand.

riverfever said:
I've never wheeled at all.

::sigh::

::breathe::

::breathe::

::sigh::

to do it right: (going to 4.5")
UCA's
LCA's
Trackbar
New Coils
New Brake Lines
New U-joints in the front D/S
New Bushings in the UCA mounts (you'r in there anyway)
New Shocks
New Bumpstops (to save the exhaust from the driveshaft)

or you could just go wheeling with your junk.... and flex the rear end till it starts to sag...

I had the same problem with my Rusty's 3". I took the small leaf at the bottom out and installed the one from my stock leaves, Now it sits evenly and can still handle a pile of junk in the back.

Just wait a while. When I installed my Rustys 3 inch I ended up with exactly 3 inches in the front and 5" in the back. I put a 1.75 coil spacer up front to even it out. My rear has now settled to about 4" of lift over stock and is lower than the front. It rides really nice now and I'll be putting a .75" shackle on soon. To level things out. When you get to Durango take it out and wheel it. Carry some sand bags for a while and you should be sitting pretty even once the leafs break in.

Jeepsloth said:
I had the same problem with my Rusty's 3". I took the small leaf at the bottom out and installed the one from my stock leaves, Now it sits evenly and can still handle a pile of junk in the back.

I pulled the bottom leaf, its a thick booger... Im at 4" rear, and 4.5" front (1" spacer).

Back