• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inaccurate Digital Thermometer

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Has anybody ever had this problem AND found the solution. The stock digital thermometer in my 94 Countrys overhead console reads very randomly. Most of the time it reads very low (-30 to 20 degrees), but sometimes it seems closer (like 50 degrees on a day that 65). IT also says "OC" sometimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also...does anyone know where the sending unit is?

Thanks,
John

Not sure about 94's but on 98's it is in front of the radiator behind the front bumper. It can go up and down with stopping in traffic, etc..

It will be behind the front bumper on yours also. I pulled my Overhead Console off of a 94 Country to put in my 90. The temp. sensor on mine varies a lot too, like one day when I was just driving it decided to jump 30 degrees in like 10 seconds. Sometimes, however it seems very accurate, I really don't see what could be internally wrong either though. ???

Off the top of my head, OC means Open Circuit. Check the connector behind the bumper and make sure it's clean and tight and that the wiring itself is not chafed or shorted.

I had the same OC problem. It was the sensor behind the bumper. If I remember about $30 canadian to replace it from Chrysler. I find if you are idling a long time the temperature will increase. Other than that its fairly accurate

Back