• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I dont believe the MSG

Xtreme Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I was recently in Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari and while there I picked up a MSG (Moab Survival Guide) printed by 4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility. I began to read thru it and the magazine informed me that All-Terrrain Tires were the way to go for rockcrawling. When was the last time you saw a rock buggy with BFG All-Terrains??? Lets hear some of your opinions....

sounds like a extreme typo, or marketing dollars effecting editing decisons. Probably the latter. I thought all terrains were by defination a compromise between off road and on road ride and hadling. Its a mistake either way they are wrong.

Xtreme Jeeper said:
I was recently in Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari and while there I picked up a MSG (Moab Survival Guide) printed by 4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility. I began to read thru it and the magazine informed me that All-Terrrain Tires were the way to go for rockcrawling. When was the last time you saw a rock buggy with BFG All-Terrains??? Lets hear some of your opinions....
Found the problem :laugh3: .

back probably 5-7 years ago if you all remember all terains were the shit. bfg even came out with a moab edition at tire with a special slick rock tread compound. look at your 4wd magazine collections from 5 or more years ago and see what is on all the trucks in the magazines. that MSG is probably out of date.

With the guys I wheel with, they wouldn't recommend AT's for rock wheelin', since they seem to burn lots of rubber instead of heating up and gripping like most other mud terrains or other type of tire.

Back