• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

time to look like a rookie....

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
time to look like a rookie, i am doing a rustys 3.5 AAL and a 1.5 shackel and need to double check. i have done leef packs and the like forever and a day and have no proablem with them but i have never done an AAL. the question is they sent the AAL with two ( i believe they are ) alignment pins and a couple of clip looking brackets, are they to hold the leafs aligned after i install the AAL or what and how do i install them ect.... beter to get advice than flub it away, i say

its the simple things i over think!!!!!

thanks
Troy

thanks, as always i over think the simple stuff, thats what i thought, and is about how i was going to do it, i just pictured two big C clamps. LOL...

thanks again
troy

Use those two big C-clamps you pictured to hold the pack together or pull it together after adding the AAL. Don't use the center pin nut to try to pull everything together...don't ask me how I know ;)

ahh yeah, i agree about that center pin thing. bent the crap outta mine thurs night. when it comes to the leaf clamps, when you bend them, fold the tabs outwards... dont fold them in. i hope...

If you try to use the center pin to draw the leaves together, the threads will just strip out of the nut. Drop the pin through the holes, use the big C clamp to pull the leaves together, then tighten the nut on the center pin to hold everything.

I'm sure I know this for the same reason as Yucca-Man

Back