• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 " BDS suspension lift

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I was woundering if the bds add a leafs give a full 3 inch lift? Or is a 1 inch block needed ? I also noticed that the kits dont come with longer LCA's? Are they not needed?

I have the BDS 3" on my 01 XJ and the AAL is only 2.5 " it did give me a more lift on mine but ive only got 22,000 miles on my rig if yoour springs are worn then only get 2.5" and the block is nessacary for 3" i just added a 3/4 space to my front and leveld her out and i love this kit.BDS is quality stuff

Just looked at my reply i cant cant spell tonight been a long day

Yes they yield 3". In fact it will probably give you a bit more initially before they begin to sag. All add-a-leafs will sag though. Avoid blocks, they do more damage than good. If you don't have enough lift, cut apart a stock pack and create another add-a-leaf to blend into the pack, or re-arch your springs. Longer LCA's aren't absolutely necessary until about 4.5". Check Yuccaman's site for specs on control arm lengths. Some kits will include longer control arms, while others expect you to get by on your stockers.
B.

Nope for a 3" control arms or drop brackets arent needed

if u can at all afford it get the full spring pack, ive got a 2" shackle with 3" BDS springpacks, and 1.5" tall spring perches on my swaped in 8.8. it rides and flexes great. the springs are almost a year old and have been abused and with this setup ive got about 6.5" or 7" still.

kolby

Back