• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering ?

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I lifted my xj a while back and my steering was off. It would turn harder to the left than to the right. I got under the front end and loosened the (forgive me, I don't know what it is called) coupler that has two bolts and goes from the pitman arm to the passenger side knuckle. Than I twisted the coupler until the pitman arm was straight again. My steering is still off. It has a half turn more to the left than to the right on my steering wheel. What other adjustments are there, if any?

The steering does not look like it is bottoming out anywhere (ie. at the knuckles or steering stabilizer).

Please help, this adjustment would help alot on the trail!

drag link drag link drag link. I can't tell you how many jeeps I have aligned and even though my specs. are correct I still had to bring it back in a adjust the drag link. If your steering wheel is off to the left you turn you drag link clockwise. if its off to the right vise versa.

I run an adjustable track bar with adjustable uca & lca. Thanks for the link. I will mess with my jeep and see what I come up with. If you think of any othe ideas please post they would be appreciated.

Back