• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock 01 needs.....

GPRSDLYT

NAXJA Forum User
the largest tank available. well, just something better than stock will be fine. i would like it to work like the stock, ie pumps filters unit etc. must mount like stock. im assuming the stock about 18 gallons?
thx
-g

GPRSDLYT said:
the largest tank available. well, just something better than stock will be fine. i would like it to work like the stock, ie pumps filters unit etc. must mount like stock. im assuming the stock about 18 gallons?

The stock tank's 20 gallons. The only oversized tank I know of is this one - at 32 gallons, it would certainly fit the bill in terms of capacity, but it's only for '84-'95 models, and I have no idea qhat would be involved in adapting it to a '96-up XJ (assuming that's even possible). Either way, you will need a sending unit calibrated for the capacity of the new tank if you want the gauge to read accurately.

im going to be relocating to michigan in a about a month. family is still in maryland. once i get on the road, i really dont like to stop. so, if i can get a bigger tank, less stoppey, more drivey!!!. plus ill be coming back and forth every 3 months or so. its an 8.5 hour, 615 mile drive one way.

-g

Ahhh, to be young again.... :laugh3:
My bladder needs drained about the time my gas tank runs out, so it's a good excuse to stop.
With a 32 gallon tank... :gag:

Back