• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why I dont overheat any more

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have just finished testing for the last 12 months the high flow waterpump with the billet impeller from Hesco along with their high flow thermostat housing. I also fitted a high flow balanced thermostat to go along with it as there is no point doing any of these without the others so there is no bottle neck.
You will find a lot of information in the write up on why I have chosen what was used and the reasons why they work. Even the humble thermostat get quite a work over in the write up.
I must say that I have been impressed right from the start with this setup and have not had a over heating problem since even when dragging my trailer over sand dunes in 100*F plus temps. You will find it all under the engine modification section of my site.

Waterpump 016.jpg

www.go.jeep-xj.info

Last edited:
Nice write up, what thermostat did you use? I can only see 160 and 180 on the Hesco site. Do they make a 195 t-stat or would you recommend one of the other two.

Good one Dr' Dyno ;) Didn't think of that angle!

With the thermostat I have just added the this information. Hesco do not make a high flow in the 195 and it is not balanced anyway. You have to use a Robert Shaw or that one I did which was a Mr. Gasket which is the same one just re-branded. The part # can be read in the picture of the one I used.

Back