• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removal of a dealer-installed alarm

Jeeper84

NAXJA Forum User
My girlfriend lost the key and remote to her XJ and there's a dealer-installed alarm. I forgot what it was called FEV type or something. Today her dad tried taking the alarm out. Well, he got the alarm out, but now the Jeep won't start and instead of really getting into it, he stopped before he messed anything up. Anyone here install or uninstall alarms? We just need to know how to totally uninstall the alarm and wire things to stock.

Look for a Kill wire going to the starter. The trigger wire will come from the key, through the alarm, and to the starter. Find that wire, and all should be good.

Some of the newest ones plug into the relay box, and look like another relay. Can even have a small wire sticking out from it as a small antenna for the remote. It's best to just call the dealer and ask them........way too many different systems out there to know what to do.

BTW, is this about mod tech? Sounds OEM to me.......

Back