• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proportioning Valve (Removed) Issues

MJEEPMAN

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 86 Jeep Comanche that I have currently lifted. My father and me decided to do away with the proportioning valve. We removed the whole unit from mounts and caped off t-joint as it sat with a plug. Then removed what we thought was the return line to the combination valve. Then we plug the front hole of the combination valve. Our problem is now we have bleed and bleed to remove all air from the lines. We have good brake power when motor is not running. But when we turn the motor on it goes to the floor. I know this means the brake booster is working but we cannot figure where the pressure is going. We have also replaced the master cylinder and power bleed the brakes. Can someone help us to tell us if we have capped off the wrong line hole on the combination valve or what!?!?!
Thanks

Someone recently reported the same problem (peddle to the floor) after removing the o-ring from the combination valve when they converted to rear disc brakes. I don't recall seeing a final resolution but I may have missed it.

I don't know what terms to search for, but try a search going back about a month and see if the thread turns up.

Back