• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up country package?

Difference is 1"-1.5" suspension height. Don't know iffin the commanche had an up country option. On the XJ the UC had the springs, front hooks and skid plates. The real way is to take the vin to a dealer or go to the jeep website and plug your vin in there. Gets you a print out of your build sheet...

They didn't have a package by the name "Up Country" back then. They had an "off highway" package, which was heavier springs, skid plates, and tow hooks. I believe it dod NOT raise the ride height.

Tow hooks can disappear. Check your gas tank. If it has a 2-piece rubber/plastic shield, it does NOT have the off-highway package. If it has a very heavy-gauge steel skid plate under (and around) the gas tank, it has (or had) the off-highway package.

is there actually a place to request the build sheets ? Link please??

I poked around and could only find some generic support email address..

gjxj said:
is there actually a place to request the build sheets ? Link please??

I poked around and could only find some generic support email address..

Go to your nearest friendly Chrysler/Jeep agency and ask the parts department agent for a copy of your build sheet.
If that doesn't work, give him your VIN and ask to purchase a tube of touch-up paint. He pulls up the data and tells you what color it is (THEN) you ask if he could kindly print the build data he now has on his computer for you. [worked for me!]

I beleive the up country didnt come with rear sway bar and there is a ride height difference the up country is a little higher.. if i remember correctly from other posts.

jeepinandy said:
I beleive the up country didnt come with rear sway bar and there is a ride height difference the up country is a little higher.. if i remember correctly from other posts.
But he's asking about a Comanche, and Comanches didn't have rear sway bars.

Back