• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to spend some $$$$$

japril

NAXJA Forum User
Lets assume I have $1500 to spend.
I have a 1998 XJ with the following mods:

2" BB from Rocky Road
Pro Comp ES9000 shocks
T-Case skid
Roof Rack (no lights yet)
tires are stock size (about 10k on them)

I live in Las Vegas (desert, no mud, some sand) and I am not interested in rock crawling. I like my current lift, but would like bigger tires. I am looking to make my truck a good all around off-roader. I have excellent driving skills. I know I need the following:

Tow points front and rear
Tow strap/recovery stuff (hi-lift, etc)
lights for my roof rack

But I am not to sure what else. So, help me spend my $$$!!!!!!!!
Thanks

If you have 1500 bucks you can get a lift, but don't get a Rocky Road... go with an RE or Rusty's

Let's see...

130 rear reciever w/ shackle
60 front hooks
30 front skid
30 t-case skid
290 rusty's 3" AAL shipped
50 drop bracket, shims
90 Discos
650 (5) 31" BFG AT's from Walmart

that's 1330... I think

if u put the BB on the 3 inch, if its mainly on road i think he could swing some 32s with minor trimming easily, with my 5" i ran 33s on the rocks with little rubbing with minor trimming. definatly get a hi-lift, best all around tool ever, jack, clamp, winch, spreader, etc. chains are better than straps when using a hilift to winch, but im not real big on jerking people with chains. and instead of getting 5 31 at's, i would go with 4 33 mt's. it would be cheaper and he doesnt have a lockers so he can limp home with a stock size spare on it.

kolby

lankchevy said:
if u put the BB on the 3 inch, if its mainly on road i think he could swing some 32s with minor trimming easily, with my 5" i ran 33s on the rocks with little rubbing with minor trimming. definatly get a hi-lift, best all around tool ever, jack, clamp, winch, spreader, etc. chains are better than straps when using a hilift to winch, but im not real big on jerking people with chains. and instead of getting 5 31 at's, i would go with 4 33 mt's. it would be cheaper and he doesnt have a lockers so he can limp home with a stock size spare on it.

kolby

If you stack a 2" BB on a 3" lift you will more than likely need a SYE and new rear drive shaft on that 98. I have read about using a stock front one in place of the rear but I just did the AA HD SYE with Woods shaft.

490chaser has a very good setup by reading what he has wrote. I would also budget for a bumper and winch in the future. It is the best mod you can ever do, imho.

i would spend your 15oo on some modesty. excellent driving skills.. theres ALWAYS room for improvement...or just a pin to pop your big head... lol sorry guys, but i had too

cjwalkeriii said:
i would spend your 15oo on some modesty. excellent driving skills.. theres ALWAYS room for improvement...or just a pin to pop your big head... lol sorry guys, but i had too

ha, ha. I guess it sounds bad, but my point is you can do less to a truck when you can drive well. I'm sorry I have confidence in my driving skills. Anyway.....thanks for the input.

tools

welder

gas

Back