• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to tell what rear it has

muddy92xj

NAXJA Forum User
Well there is a rubber plug for the oil. Other then that how can i tell if i have a 35 or a 44?I looked at thr back and i saw nothing on the housing.

thx mike

What year is it? My 44 has a bolt in the drain hole but my old 35 had the rubber plug.

Dana 35 has a round diff cover and the 44 has a more hexagon looking cover. The Chrysler 8.25 has an ovalish cover and the bottom on the diff housing itself is flat.

im kind of in the same boat..... if anyone could enlighten me as to what axles mine has in it i would be very appreciative. 94, 4.0 ho, base model....... thanks in advance, and sorry for the hi-jack

muddy92xj said:
its a 92. i guess its a 35 then damn.

mike

why do you say that, it could be an 8.25

if you search, there is an illustration of different axles somewhere on the board.

even a google search would help.

this is a very, very common question that gets asked, so the answer is here somewhere

Hope this helps some Got these from Yucca mans site.
axle_825.jpg

D35
axle_d35.jpg

Its's the pre 97 8.25 so it's a little stronger than the 35 but the 97 and later 8.25's can be compared to the 44.

Back