• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size socket?

36mm is righto

buy some PB Blaster while you're there

OH, and use anti-sieze on ANYTHING that you take apart, because you will end up takeing it apart again, at another time, right gang? LOL

Littlewhitexj said:
^^ thats right.... but some people are against anti sieze... Why? i use it on everything... .even spark plugs....

Because the own stock in powerblaster :laugh3:

You know that there is supposed to be a keeper with a cotter pin in the end of the axle, right?

Ren beat me to it, but I was going to ask how it can possibly come loose when there's a lock nut and cotter pin to prevent that.

Don't Know, maybe he is like some of us, A slightly loose nut behind the wheel? LOL

Just a little something to consider while you are slathering anti sieze on everything, the torque specs are lower when you have a lubricant on the nut and bolt than when they are dry - I don't have the specs in front of me, but its possible to over torque the bolts, and break stuff that way, never sieze is a good thing, just have to pay attention to how you use it ;-)

X2 on the don't over torque it, but common sense is still a good idea.

ren said:
You know that there is supposed to be a keeper with a cotter pin in the end of the axle, right?

Yes, its there but the nut will come loose until it contacts the keeper and cotter pin. This small amount is enough to make the hub loose and occaosionally on sharp turns have the rotors rub the brake pads. Also enough to add play to my steering. The cotter and keeper is just keeping it from coming completely off. The loosening has enough force to start bending those keeper tabs with the cotter pin...

Does this happen alot, because it sounds like it. Have you taken a good look to see if the bearings/knuckle/shaft bore are not worn out ( espically the bore piece through the bearings.)?

Counter- clock to loosen, just like the other parts. But, I still think that you should should check everything to be on the safe side.

1 7/16" works too.

That it will, I acually bought that one first, then read up. the 36mm is a bit snugger. but both will work, unless you already stripped the nut a bit like I did.

Back