• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaves

kofeebrat

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at lifting my 92 XJ for a while now, but when I was under it tonight doing some exhaust work, I happened to look at the springs (while starting the PB blaster treatment) and saw that they were pretty much flat. Is that what they were like origionally, or are mine fatigued ?? IF they are fatigued, would using an AAL be a good idea for the rear lift, or should I just be done with it and get new spring packs??

Thanks in advance!

kofeebrat said:
I've been looking at lifting my 92 XJ for a while now, but when I was under it tonight doing some exhaust work, I happened to look at the springs (while starting the PB blaster treatment) and saw that they were pretty much flat. Is that what they were like origionally, or are mine fatigued ?? IF they are fatigued, would using an AAL be a good idea for the rear lift, or should I just be done with it and get new spring packs??

Thanks in advance!

the XJ stock springs are supposed to be close to flat

measure the length from hub center to the bottom of your stock fender flares - should be somewhere around 17" IIRC

an AAL is the best non-spring replacement lift...
followed by shackle - (terrible idea for fatigued leaves)
and followed by block (even worse isea for already bad leaves)

::shrug::

Listen toXJ RANGER, he's right on the money. I have a 92 xj that I wheeled staock and thought I bent my rear leafs or over featigued them because I didn't know anything and saw they were flat. Well it turns out that I learned about the 17" rule and measured...mine measured about 16" Not as bad as I thought it would be. But I got the Rusty's 3" kit anyways.
Rusty's claims that there long aal is pretty flexy and others have said how it keeps its arch for quite a long time....my .02

I don't usually welcome people to the forums by saying to do a search but, in this case, "Do a search." This subject comes up every couple of weeks. To repeat what is becoming a mantra, YOU CANNOT TELL IF THE REAR SPRINGS HAVE SAGGED BY LOOKING. YOU MUST MEASURE.

Sorry if I blew up .. I was pinched for time and didn't want to sort thru the 350+ threads to find the one that would answer my question. One more question for ya Eagle ... was the 3/4" type really necessary ???

Yes.

It got the point across. (I hope)

Peace

Back