• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

????Noise??????

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
When the ignition swith is on there is a loud fast clicking sound comming from under the right back corner of the hood when in the driver seat. It start when the ignition switch is turned on(not started yet) but it also continues when the engine is running...it goes away once i turn it off.

starter moter? selunoid or however the heck you spell it? please respond with your thought thanks!

Power antenna motor clicking?

Reach under the front passenger kick panel and disonnect the power to the power antenna and see if that works. Also I guess you could just try startin the car with the radio off and see if the noise still happens. The little plast strip in mine borke once but it ran continuously until I disconnected it.

Thanks for the replies guys but i dont have a power antenna.... But it is comming from near the antenna theres a bottle thing that says "worning compressed gas" and it feels like its comming from that or something connected to it. sorry this is prolly a stupid question but what is that? starter moter maybe?

what should i do about it jsut go to pick-n-pull and replace it all or what? thanks

What year is your XJ? Do you have airbags?

I reread your post and the little bottle I think is the gas for the airbag, so you might want to take it to the stealer-ship, if you mess with it, it could go off in your face and I think that that would hurt, ya?

Not so sure now of the bottle thing, but are you sure that it does not have airbags, because that really sounds like the cartridge for the gas.

ren said:
Not so sure now of the bottle thing, but are you sure that it does not have airbags, because that really sounds like the cartridge for the gas.

It's a 91. Bags nor an option until...95.

Heater Blower motor on ?

I hate to say it agin, but you may have to take it to the stealer ship for this one.

WHOA!! that is a lot for a piece of steel plate. Maybe someone can help on this. I might be able to call a friend in the next town that works at the jeep dealership and find out about the bottle/noise. Give me a couple of days, ya?

Back