• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 w/ 3.55s.

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
hey y'all,
i checked that "gearing" thread at the top and didn't see an answer so here it is...i plan on getting 4.10s and a powertrax no-slip for my 2000 8.25..i am wondering if anyone knows whether this gear change will require a new carrier? also if it doesn't/ and i go ahead and buy the locker before i get the gears is this a locker install i can do myself? anyone got some pointers. thanks a bunch....
Maier

LS---i dont think so if i did it blew out a long time ago..was that an option with the newer xjs? mine is a (soon to be ex) 2wd (coastal south) that had a cheap factory tow package..
maier

hey y'all , thanks it would appear that my original carrier will work..now i just have to figure out how to install that locker..i read a right up about a d35 w/ c'clip install on the powertrax site. would it generally be the samefor my 29 spline 8.25? thanks again. yippie....wrenchin
Maier

Back