• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight troubles!!!

Deltaphi216

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the situation, I have a 93 xj 4.0L with the police package. About a week ago, I was driving home from work and my headlights flickered off and then back on repeatedly. Side markers, dash, and taillights all stayed on. I pulled over and they continued doing it while in park. The is no pattern to how long they stay off. Sometimes it is 1 sec, sometimes it is 5 min. The only way I can drive when this happens is to hold back on the switch like I am trying to switch to high beams. Then they light up while it is held.

It is really frustrating because it doesn't always happen and it usually doesn't happen until after I have been driving for 15-20 min. I do not have fog lights or an amp or anything powerful like that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Zack

Thanks a ton....I tried searching for this earlier and came up empty handed. I finally found the info! Looks like I am going to have a fun day off tomorrow...

Check the grounds for the headlights. I've heard of problems with insufficient grounding causing this exact problem. If you find one suspect, remove it and file the paint away and replace.

HTH

Back