• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Kind?

My 1990 has the same transmission- the AW4. It take Dexron II or Dexron IIE. If you have the owner's manual, you can confirm your year is the same (it is). I use any Dexron numbered II or higher. If you want to change all of it, you can drain/refill the pan, then pull a cooler line and pump out about 2 litres/quarts, refill, etc. until clean, bright fluid comes out. Lifting out the electric fan gives access to the connections. The connections can be a bit of a bother- I have the older style with the plastic ears that press in to release, then reattach with a click (when everything is lined up just right!!). Rememebr, making a mess is supposed to be fun. 4xBob

Just be sure to watch where you step if you have any ATF on the floor. I slipped in some while replacing my tranny and cracked my shoulder:cry:

Mike

Back