• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrade to power seats

I took the ones out of my trail rig and put them in to my wifes jeep. There was no harness so I just taped into the fuse block.

The feed's pretty easy. IIRC, it should go to black to ground, red to fuse 14 (93 models at least), 30A fuse required. I suppose you could just tap into any 30A feed.

Let me know how you get on - I'm wanting to do it too, but haven't had time yet.

I have a donner vehicle that had the seats. There is a harness that goes between the two seats and plugs into another harness that comes from the one down the door sills. All this means that you have to pull up the carpet to get to the connector. I am just curious if I do that if there is a connector under there!

I also have a set of electric mirror with factory harness. This is worse if I need to replace the harness between the doors but could be accomplished at the same time.

Yes, there should be a connector under the carpet, because when i switched int., all I had to do was plug and play with every thing but the mirrors. For those you need to install the harness, which is not hard, and plug it in to the fuse-box. On my old style (pre96) XJ's, it plugs in to the lower part of the box, and only used a single wire to plug in. The seats already had wires run in the body, but I did have to run power to the harness from the box. Needs 30 amp power, mine uses a breaker. Hope that this helps.

I found a set in the junkyard and was able to put them in the '87. The wiring was already there, we just had to get the harness that ran under the carpeting and plug it in.

Back