• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would codes 14 and 24 cause these sympthoms?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
i ran to the grocery store a few minutes ago,jeep ran fine. put the groeceries away and was going to go to the gym. Jeep died as I was about halfway out of my driveway. The engine will start,but will not run longer than 2 or 3 seconds,even if I rev it up,and it doesn't rev up that well. I pulled the codes and got a 14 and 24(TPS and MAP sensors). Would this be correct,and why would they both go bad at once? I did replace the fuel pump yesterday,but I have driven about 30 miles since then without problems,and I have good fuel pressure and I can hear the pump cycle. Just looking for ideas before I go spend money on sensors I don't really need. thanks,Ben

I also noticed that after the engine dies,the fuel pump cycles again. i am not sure this is normal,as the jeep has never died on me the year I have owned it. Is this normal? I tried some searches on here about my problem,but didn't have much luck. I really don't want to start replacing sensors with out cause. thanks for the help,Ben

ok,here is an update: I swapped the TPS out with one from a 96 4.0 I have in the garage,same result. the engine will run if i keep my foot in the gas. I am talking 2000-2500 rpms here. as soon as I let off the gas a little bit,it will die and not respond to throttle if I give it more gas to speed it up again. I am lost as what I should try next,like I said the only codes I get are 14 and 24,and when I disconnect the map sensor and start it,it runs way rough,so I am thinking the map sensor is working. I am about out of ideas and I can't afford to have it towed and let a shop fix it:( thanks for any help given....Ben

badge714,I would if the engine would stay running long enough for me to get out and hit it:( thanks for the suggestion.

I just went and pulled the codes again after I swapped the TPS. now the only code I get is 12,but the engine still runs the same. what would make the MAP code clear itself up? thanks

Back