• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat brackets?

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Deos anyone know if the seat brackets from the 96 and older cherokees are the same as 97 and up. I was wanting to swap my 94 seats out for a newer set of seats, but do not know if i can get seats and put them in or do i need to change the bracket, and if I do are the newer interchangable with the old? Thanks for any input. Joe

The seat rails on 84-94 are interchangeable and 95-01 are interchangeable.
Other than that, you'll have to do custom modifications to your rails to fit newer seats in your 94.

Yep they are the same.
In fact, I had been looking for a drivers power replacement seat for my 87 XJ for quite a while in all the local wrecking yards. When I did happen to find one in the matching fabric, they were always torn up just like mine or the drivers seat was missing (already purchased). I did happen to find a matching fabric manual passenger seat in perfect condition so I bought it right away.
I was just going to remove the fabric and put it on my existing seat but my seat was pretty broken down from all the wear over the years. I unbolted the passenger seat from it's manual rails and bolted it up to my drivers side power rails. Everything was a perfect match. The only thing different about it is now the manual recline level (which is part of the seat itself) is on the inboard side of the drivers seat instead of outboard by the door. :laugh3:

Back