• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is radiatorbarn.com any good?

98JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I should ask: are their radiators any good? They have a 2-row for $124.52 and a "Heavy duty" 3-row for $140.65. Are either of these a modine or CSF? Has anybody bought one from there that can tell me? They seem to be a good deal as long as I'm getting a good name brand product, not some mexican or jap piece.

TIA

Chad

I bought one thru them for an 89YJ, shipping was quick, almost next day in fact, came from a philly warehouse. Initially had some problems, bolt holes were off, fixed that, then about a week later the left tab on top of the rad bracket let go and I had to resolder that. From then on it was OK. Quality wise I was not happy and if it had been a local shop it would have been taken back for another. With internet and mail order you spins the wheel and takes your chance. Now I just buy locally thru one or two of my customers where I get it for cost. Just bought hood, fender, grill for the Tj and it cost me about $400, all OEM parts. The rad I picked up for the TJ had some kind of western desert motif on the box but it's a HD SOB for sure, cost me $130. Modine is no longer 'just' modine, they were bought out and the rad guy told me but I forget now. He said the one I he just gave me was the top o the line from the combined company. Said it was the first one he'd gotten and to let him know how it worked [can you say guinea pig] Oh well, we'll see this week when we get it all back together.

Well I called their customer service dept. yesterday to find out what the deal is with those radiators. I was informed that they were both made by CSF. Good deal. So, I went ahead and ordered a 3-row. It should be here thursday. I'll be sure to THOROUGHLY look it over before istallation to make sure it's not some kind of CSF knock-off...

Sorry I didn't catch you before you ordered... I got a GDI 3-row from radiator.com about a year ago for $109. No more over-heating!

mikejwil said:
Sorry I didn't catch you before you ordered... I got a GDI 3-row from radiator.com about a year ago for $109. No more over-heating!

That's ok. I most likely wouldn't order a GDI anyways. A year ago, I probably would have... But it seems that their quality has become seriously questionable as of late...

Thanks though...

Back