• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes just EXPLODED IN MY FACE,help

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone i got a bit of a problem, i dont know what its called or if a parts store would have it

i noticed a leak today looked like brake fluid but i thought this was kinda funny because i haven't noticed any brake issues.

anyways i went to investigate the leak and sure enough its brake fluid there is a hose that goes from the master cylinder to some kind of pump on the passenger side, it was leaking at the master cyl. as soon as i wiggled the hose to get a better look it EXPLODED everywhere and the fitting is now off the hose.

what is it called and where can i get 1

BTW its a 90 xj 4.0 4x4 automatic with the check anti lock light glowing since i bought it, and i could hear the pump runnung everytime i hit the brakes

thanks alot fellas i know NAXJA is good for this one!

you guys are awesome thanks a million

this means the dealer will fix for free???

can i still drive it like this?

will it just have manual brakes?

TIA

Ummmm, if all the fluid blew out then I'd say don't drive it, the only brakes you *might* have are the emergency brake.

thanks Rich thats what i figured, i've never had a pump like the jeep has so i was unsure

funvtec said:
i've never had a pump like the jeep has so i was unsure

thats because the system in your XJ is so unique and tempermental that it hasnt been used since.. that also explains why it has such a comprehensive warrantee.... i guess rushing to be the first light truck with ABS wasnt the best idea after all....

Email DC with your chassis number, or call your local dealer with it to see if there are any outstanding recalls on your vehicle - you never know, you may be lucky...

i'll be calling the dealer today

thanks alot NAXJA

Back