• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some questions about pcv hook up and other hoses.

TMNT

NAXJA Forum User
I basically need a picture or a good description on what I am missing here. I am pretty sure this wont pass inspection so I want to get it hooked back up to how it was stock. It seems the previous owner has cut a bunch of stuff off.

engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

oil.jpg

Also What is the best way to get ride of oil on the engine? I have read to just cover up the trottle body and all the tps stuff and spray some of that engine cleaner on it but its hard to get to this stuff. My power steering hose exploded and all of the fluid got all over the engine. Not to mention it already had a bunch of oil on it already. I just want it clean enough to see if it is leaking around the head gasket or anywhere else. thanks in advance

-Dillon

EDIT: oh ya its a 1990 Cherokee

Last edited:
The big one from the valve cover goes to the back of the aircleaner box. Its the crankcase fresh air inlet. You can bypass that disconnect tree from your first photo. That other large opening on the disconnect tree in your first photo is unused.

The two little ones on the back of the airbox control your thermostatic air box inlet valve. The vacuum source is a small line from the manifold, through that disconnect tree to the small port closer to the engine. The second small port on the air box then connects to the front of the air box to the thermostatic valve.

I have the exact same problem...I have an 88 4.0

what is a disconnect tree and ...could you explain the hose routing..and which port to block off...etc just a little more..

I am just a bit confused as to exact placement of hoses...

thank you very much

Morgoon

Send me a pm with your e-mail. I think I have a few pictures that may help. Also, get some engine cleaner and a power washer or the car wash can do. Spray on the cleaner when the engine is warm but not hot. let it soak for a few minutes, then blast away. If you can rent or borrow a power washer, I like to remove the air cleaner and any other stuff to gain access. Then blast away.
Tom

Back