• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift question

87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here is my problem. I want a lift. Right now I've got a Daystar BB. 1.75" in the front 1" in the back. I've got a chance to pickl up some 2" coils cheap. I think that my OEM springs are starting to flat'n out. If I get the coils that would give my 3.75" in the front (keeping the BB). I can't find any 2" springs to replace the saggy ones. Can I get 3.5" leaves and have a total of 4.5" in the rear and run 3.75" in the front and be ok? Will it mess the whole suspension/balance up? Or it won't really matter because the spings will settle? What up?

It's impossible to answer this question. First, how are you going to get 4.5" in the rear? Does this mean your current rear lift is an extended shackle?

Some lift spring packs (rear leaves) deliver what they say, and stay there. Some seem to actually be under-rated, and give an inch or more MORE lift than advertised. And, some of them sag, and some don't.

Most add-a-leafs at first will give you 2.5-3" at first, then settle to around 2", make sure it's a long add-a-leaf. There is no problem with haveing a rear that is slightly higher, OEM the XJ should be slightly raked. Then when you load up all your gear you can be sitting level. When you do lift to ~4" in the rear, be ready to fix driveline vibration issues, either with an SYE or longer slip yoke.

i've heard you can leave your main leaf in and use dakota springs to add underneath your main spring,i think the more dakota springs you use, the higher the lift."please don't quote me,just what i've heard".

Back