• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLEASE HELP-low power

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
where did the power go???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, i have an auto 4.0 and about an hour ago it randomly like lost a bunch of power.

But only in "drive" and 3rd gear is there hardly any power.

1/2/reverse has the same power as before. when i put it into either 3rd or drive, the rpms hit around 2000 before it goes anywhere and the rpms wont go any higher ....they stay around 2000.... i have to floor it to get it going and it goes really slow if i hold the petal to the floor it will eventually get up to speed....

like i said before 1st/2nd and reverse are totally normal.

any help or advice would be greatly apreciated!!! thank you

i had a problem like this once in my '91, well actually it was always like this, it always had considerably less power in the 3 selection then it while in 3rd gear on the drive selection. never figured out what caused this. i'm curious though if anyone else knows

eric

Umm hows you tranny fluid level?

I have the answer to both Eric's and hangubus's problems; it's a plugged cat. Gut it and feel the power come back again like a miracle. Then thank me for showing you the light. :D

Back