• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest 2003

JHKolb

NAXJA Forum User
Do you guys/gals want to get together sometime soon and brainstorm some prelim plans for next years NACFest?

I have access to some potentially better locations and pricing than last year that we could investigate.

Schedules for spring events seem to be filling fast.

I thought there was a work party on Sunday? (15th)

Can't make the one on the 29th.

Mike in NJ

There's a work party on the 15th, meeting at 9 a.m. at the motocross check-in. This is open to all participating clubs.

I'm open to other wheeling locations. Still waiting to hear about my jeep but it should be fixed by next spring! :wink:

I'll be at Rausch Creek this Saturday as well, playing with the GPS and laptop, just generally getting a feel for the land if anyone wants to join me.

Lynn - FYI, Saturday is an EC4x4E trail ride/cutting day so there should be a number of vehicles there - I can bring you an application if you want :lol:

See you then.

Pick a time and place. We should get started ASAP, last time we got a late start and had to work our butts off to pull it together in time.

If I can get a couple of things done I'll be there on Sunday.

PeterBuilt

Whats this about the 15th? Where was I? Is it trail cleaning at RC? If so i would like to tag along and cut some lumber. Someone let me know what is going on. thanks

PeterBuilt

Pete - The 14th is a East Coast Trail ride only, the 15th is a member club trail cutting day (which NAC is a member club) so you are welcome to come up. There will likely be few if any (besides Lynn) NAC members there Sunday, mostly other local clubs (JeepsRUs, PA Jeeps, Balt 4-Wheelers, and some others).

You can pretty much count on every sunday being some sort of trail maintenance day from now until spring, so if you want to head up thats great, just shoot an email to me ([email protected]) or Bruce Shallis ([email protected]) to confirm nothing else may be happening.

John K...i'd really like to get together with you guys and help out. My rig should be fixed by next weekend. Send me your number backchannel please...

Tell Bruce he's routinely sending out the Klez virus...i get at least 2 emails a week from him.

John K. - I cleared it with Bruce to be there Saturday scouting around. Have to find some trails my low rider toy can do! Bring a club app. please.

Pete-

If Jen will let me go, you can ride with me. Call me!

Sunday

John K.

I know I shouldn't have to ask this, but, I don't know these folks yet, and it is a 1 1/2 hour drive . . .

Rain or Shine, right? (forecast might be wet for Sunday)

FYI, CHW and I are hooking up again at our Rt 100/I78 meeting place about 0745.

Mike in NJ

Yes rain or shine (unless it's really raining hard). I will be there sat only. Have a flag football game and am going to Willow Grove NAS Air Show sunday.

The flight path for the Air Base is RIGHT over my office window, those damn F-18 are REALLY loud at low altitude at speed!!!!!! Way Cool!

John:

As it turns out, I won't be able to make it anyway - wet or otherwise.

Actually, I have to admit that if I had been paying attention and knew about the Willow Grove airshow, probably would have headed there in a flash! Hope the weather holds out for you on Sunday.

Still looking forward to helping out at Rausch Creek, but, won't have another shot until after I get back from Utah. When you guys talk about NACFest 2003 on the 29th, just want you to know that I'm not locked on Paragon, but I would like to see the event take place in late May - or early June - somewhere in the Appalachians.

Mike in NJ

It rained like they predicted. It was a steady downpour at 9 a.m. at the staging. But it let up enough most of the morning to make trail cutting okay, it wasn't cold, just wet. I led a small group and at lunch when it decided to rain harder, they set up a tarp using the open tailgate of an XJ. Very nice. There's been major progress at Rausch Creek making upper intermediate-hardcore trails. I hope to get some more hiking in and start making trails for stockers and mild lifted vehicles.

This will make a good place to have a large club event such as NAC-Fest. There's plenty of 2wd logging roads that make it convenient to hop from one trail to another and quickly get to just about anywhere on the property to have a barbeque or whatever. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll have my XJ back in a couple weeks when the club goes there.

Forgot to log in above. :oops:

Back