• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 300 questions

A dana 300 is a passenger side drop case, you'd need a flip kit for it to work in your XJ. Im sure after that, there are still more obstacles to get around. That's just what I know off the top of my head.

I am starting this mod myself (got the d300 off ebay, on it's way)....

you have to flip it, you have to make sure you have a 23 spline trans shaft, the 1980 cj is the only year with the short shaft that is ~2inches shorter than all other years, but, not many people offer 32spline HD output shafts for that model (actually none I found, but I never say never).

so if you plan to upgrade it later, don't get the 80.

supposedly, the hole in the floor is approximately the same side...

I will post when I complete (you may beat me thought, new baby sometime this week) my mod...

g

i was looking into doing a dana 300 swap and using a 10bolt gm front axle bc they are just about dirt cheap and they are practically everywhere around here versus the ford style axles.. plus it is pretty bling to be able to have twin sticks and a 4:1 that is quasi bolt in

You will also probably need a clocking ring. They actually work out good with the AX-15 and possibly the auto tranny. The stock Dana 300 isn't 4:1 its 2.6:1 I think. 4:1 gears are around $600. I'm putting one on a NV3550. The NV3550 has the same output shaft spacing. I'm also making a twin stick out of the original shifters. THere's stuff on the internet for this. Also, someone on E-Bay is selling this setup for around $130.
Tom

Back