• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" budget lift, confused on needed parts

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen that most BB have front coil spacers and rear shackles only.

Is that enough? I only plan a 2" lift
Do you need shackles plus rear AAL for the back or does the shackles lift fine on there own? or should you get coil spacers and AAL only?
any info would really help me understand this better.

Get the aal the shackle will were out your leafs faster. Also the aal's are easier to install. Ypu should also think about shocks I'm getting old man emu but the choice is up to you.

:lecture:

I was also gonna suggest the AAL. XJ's already have a tendency to sag and all of my reading :geek: confirms they make the sag even worse.

I am planning spacers in front for now. Extra XJ leafs for the AAL in back as Rocklizard suggest right HERE

Shocks are important too. I hope to do OME shocks from Dirk right HERE where I got the OME steering stabilizer.

Travis

There's not much needed, hence the "Budget Boost" name. In addition to the AAL recommendation, if you don't source one from a junkyard then try to get a full-length AAL.

Longer shocks are good...when I did my RE 2" BB, I had to leave my stock shocks on for a few days and noticed they were already maxed out when I was sitting flat in the driveway. There's no way they'd allow any flex without tearing the mounts.

Don' forget to add a longer rear brakeline too.

Back