• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is there a fule pump

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
on the 85 XJ loredo with the V6 carborated is there a second fule pump other than the manual one on the engine???? need to know because i changed the engine and the new one is a 350 and it takes forever to fire up and i know the manual pump is good on it and i was wondering if i might need an electrical fule booster pump.
thanks

you should dumpo the mechanical fuel pump all together, and run a single electric pump. but you could also check your fuel filter and regulator, they could be dirty or clogged. two buddies of mine one with a 91 and the other an 89 have the same problem, they crank on it forever before it fires up

No, the V6 Cherokee did not have a secondary fuel pump. Only the mechanical pump on the engine.

Your fuel pump may be bad, your choke may not be adjusted properly, your accelerator pump may not be adjusted properly, or your float level may be low.

Back