• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body Roll

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished installing a 4.5 lift on my 91 yesterday.
Drives gooe except a little driveshaft wobble at certain angles and speed, but I took the rear sway bar off and it feels like there is alot of body roll. The leafs aren't brand new but have been broken before by someone else. Any ideas? I haven't had it aligned yet I don't know if that will make a diffrence or not.

What did you do with the front sway bar you may need longer links

Ludakris said:
you raised the center of gravity and removed your rear sway bar.. your going to get more body roll... its science.

Yep. That's the job of the sway bar. Sway = Body roll

XJ's have swaybars!!! Weird, I thaugh those hings were just there to catch on the steering linkage....

j/k

When I pulled both of mine a long time ago, I used a non charged set of front shocks to compensate for the roll a little.

Yeah I think I'm gonna find a way to fab up some rear disconnects since No one sells them and everyone says that you should just get rid of the rear sway...

I drive mine daily and I think it'd be worth the time spent to figure out how to disconnect the rear at home before the drive to the trail..... I'll get to it one of these days...

Oh I know.. I just ment something I could pull a hitch pin on and then push it up and hang it the bar from somewhere under neith like you do with the front..

Citat3962 said:
Oh I know.. I just ment something I could pull a hitch pin on and then push it up and hang it the bar from somewhere under neith like you do with the front..
So replace the nut on the axle end with a cleavis pin and washer. Drill the shank of the bolt to accept the cleavis pin.

Done.

Or go to Lowe's or Home Depot and poke around in their miscellaneous fastener drawers. You can probably find some stock hitch pins that are about the right size to fit.

Where do I send the bill for professional advice? :sunshine:

i just put a 4.5" on mine too. JKS discos up front, no sway bar in there rear, and i think i have less body roll than stock...My leafs are brand new though so that may be why. As far as driveshaft wobble, you drop the t-case?

Back