• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID my diff pls... just making sure before I order a locker...

axistang

NAXJA Forum User
Just making sure I know what kind of rear diff i have.
Guessings its a C8.25 from what Ive read about the flat lip on the bottom. The build date is 9/96 and my engine uses parts for a 97 (like the TPS, which has a diff connector from 96/97.

diff1.jpg

Would my axles most likely be the 27 or the 29 and is this a 8.25" axle?

Thanks

Yes it would be either 27 or 29 spline.To be sure, open it up and count the splines.
Wayne

If your vehicle has a late 96 build date and is using other 97 style parts, the axle is "probably" a 29-spline, but since the locker has to be correct you really should do as Wayne suggested and count the splines to be certain.

I would most certainly count before ordering anything.

My '96 built 10/96 has 29 (verified by myself), and just like yours has '97+ engine connectors.

HTH, but count anyway.

Dirk Pitt said:
I would most certainly count before ordering anything.

My '96 built 10/96 has 29 (verified by myself), and just like yours has '97+ engine connectors.

HTH, but count anyway.
Build date on my 96 is 12/95 and had a 27 spline axle,but some of the electrials are 97+ (o2 sensor as example)
Wayne

Back