• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think?????

sandaholic

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a 99 xj and here are the upgrades I plan on doing...
Rustys 3" spring pack lift
Rustys performance pack(flowmaster exhaust tb spacer & k&n filter)
front tow hook's for recovery
31" tires
Thank's for your opinion's

Sounds good to me. But you may have drive line vibrations.

Slip yoke eliminator & new rear driveshaft for driveline vibration correction.

Got a tow hitch or hook in the rear?

Skid plates are good too, and rocker protection.

Lawn Cher' said:
Slip yoke eliminator & new rear driveshaft for driveline vibration correction.

Got a tow hitch or hook in the rear?

Skid plates are good too, and rocker protection.
+1
Get some tow points a armoar, and youll be good to go!

Do it to it lars!

Yeah I just put a new hitch on the rear.I figured skid plates for would be good for the next upgrade.Would a trnsfer case drop bracket help on the vibration?I cant really afford the sye and rear driveshaft yet?

all questions like this and more an be answered here

So I finally got my lift kit and installed it. I went with the rustys 4.5-5" lift with add a leaf and I got some wicked vibrations between 50 and 55 mph the kit came with trnsfer case drop and spring shims but it didnt seem to help.What know install slip yoke eliminator?? opinions ???

sandaholic said:
Can I run my stock driveshaft with a sye????

No.

You might be able to use a front xj d/s in the rear, depending on your rear diff. and t/c. I'm not sure on all the specifics. Still trying to figure this one out myself.

If $$ isn't an issue I would go with Tom Woods.

HTH

Haleyes

sandaholic said:
So I finally got my lift kit and installed it. I went with the rustys 4.5-5" lift with add a leaf and I got some wicked vibrations between 50 and 55 mph the kit came with trnsfer case drop and spring shims but it didnt seem to help.What know install slip yoke eliminator?? opinions ???
Yeah, get an SYE.

And you need longer brake hoses. First time you let your suspension droop with that 4-1/2" lift you'll rip your stock hoses right in half.

Back