• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump

THRASHER

NAXJA Forum User
whats up...

been searching on what fuel pump to use when I put in my fuel cell. Everyone seems to be using the e2000" fuel pump with the 4.0, but I have the carbed 2.5 in my 85. Anyone have any fuel pump recomendations to use with this engine...

For a carbed engine i would use a e2014 or e2019 pump, 30-40 gph and max. 4.5 psi pressure.

He's right, the one for the 4.0L has way too high a pressure for the carb. It will flood the carb.

hate to hijack a thread but i need to know something too, my 85 w/ the V6 had a fule pump on the engine does it have one farther back in the system too? i need to know because i changed the engine to a chevy 350 with a manual pump but it doesnt seem to be working that good, and i am going to add an electric one in line back by the tank.

thanks Troy

I don't think that there is a second pump, I think your problem is that the factory fuel lines are too small in diameter. I had to install bigger lines on my 85 xj to feed the 4.3 in it. I used 3/8 line, but 5/16 might work for you. My 4.3 is thirsty if you get on it.

Back