• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Straight pipe

a stright pipe would increase your mpg but might throw a nasty error. i am not sure in the 4.0 has oxgen sensers and where they are. if you find the last oxg sen and go stright from there you will be without a nasty error. now if you throw a error you might be shooting your self in the foot becasue the computer will try to compensat for it and throw more gas down the tube.. now there is a way to rig up a little radio shack made chip to make the oxgen senser think that it is all good in the hood. i have not looked at this yet and not sure what parts are needed to wire this up.

now i said you would get gains. howmuch thou is in the air. i would think you would be very lucky in you got another 5 miles highway.

now much of my information comes from working on small ford cars. but i am guessing allt he same ideas apply.

ben

Well, I can tell you this. I drove mine with no cat, no muffler, no tail pipe for a couple of days. My experiance was...

Loss of low end tourqe
Loss of gas mileage....could have been my heavy foot trying to overcome the loss of tourqe.
Really loud and obnoxiuos noise (read: Hello Police...please pull me over)

Not advised.....IMHO

Rev

did you restart your computer afterwards? this will have a affect on it. i think you might have some positive if you use a thrush from murrys. if you buy a glass pack open up the box and look in to uit. if you see little luvers put it down and run away.

Back