• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Driveline Mesurement/advice for 4.5/5.5 XJ lift

crewrower21

NAXJA Forum User
I recintly purchased the Rubicon Express 4.5 lift for my 90' jeep cherokee Laredo automatic 4.0 4x4. I need advice on what would be the best and least expensive way to go with the driveline and the Slip yoke/extender/Eliminator. I might be adding an inch to the 4.5 kit with spacers. Also if possible, if someone knows the mesurement for the driveline with this size kit, that would be saweet because this is the only vehicle i got and i cant afford it hangin on the lift with no driveline for god only knows how long it would take for the driveline to be made. Please e-mail me back, post on here or call my cell if you have info (253)228-7463 Thanks! -Erik

When I ordered my driveshaft from RE, I told them the stock yoke-to-yoke measurement and the amount of lift, and they sent me the correct length driveshaft. RE, along with Tom Woods and others, have done this enough times to know what they're doing.

Of course, the preferred method is to measure after the installation of the lift and SYE. But if your Jeep is your only vehicle and you can't afford to have it down while waiting for a new driveshaft to arrive (like me), go ahead and take careful measurements of the stock shaft and lift, and call RE.

Back