• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK this is really starting to anger me. What am I not doing correctly?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I made my own fog light wiring harness and I am trying to use the factory switch.

Everything works great with another lighted switch I have. Indicator light on it works when it's suppose to, lights work, etc.

As soon as I take that switch out and replace it with the factory one (brand new), things wont work right. For example the indicator light for the factory switch will stay on all of the time (even when switch is off). Although it will turn the lights on and off fine. If I remove the ground the switch still works but the indicator light on it no longer does.

This is the 3rd day I've been working on this and I'm really starting to get frustraighted.

What prongs go to what on the switch?

Here's what I've done

Top prong - ground
Middle - relay
bottom - fuse block

This seems to work fine, except the indicator light on the switch says on. Remove the ground and the indicator light goes off. I have also switched the power and ground on the above combination. Lights just flash them immediately go off.

I just tried...

Top pring - relay
middle - power
bottom - ground

When I turned the switch on with this combination there was a burning smell and the wires all got very hot. The lights also dimmed inside the jeep.

So I dont want to try random combinations anymore.

Does anybody know the correct way to wire in a factory switch?? I really want to put the damn Jeep back together.

90Pioneer said:
..... For example the indicator light for the factory switch will stay on all of the time (even when switch is off). Although it will turn the lights on and off fine. If I remove the ground the switch still works but the indicator light on it no longer does.

Top prong - ground
Middle - relay
bottom - fuse block

This seems to work fine, except the indicator light on the switch says on. Remove the ground and the indicator light goes off. I have also switched the power and ground on the above combination. Lights just flash them immediately go off.
Switch middle and bottom.

Although, now you may have to replace fuse, or whatever else went poof.

Lou said:
Switch middle and bottom.

Although, now you may have to replace fuse, or whatever else went poof.

Well no fuses blew.. I havent put one in between the fuse block and the switch yet.

And BTW, you were correct.

GROUND
POWER
RELAY

Works perfect!!! thanks!!!! You've made by day.

Back