• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Driveline Mesurement/advice for 4.5/5.5 XJ lift

crewrower21

NAXJA Forum User
I recintly purchased the Rubicon Express 4.5 lift for my 90' jeep cherokee Laredo automatic 4.0 4x4. I need advice on what would be the best and least expensive way to go with the driveline and the Slip yoke/extender/Eliminator. I might be adding an inch to the 4.5 kit with spacers. Also if possible, if someone knows the mesurement for the driveline that would be saweet because this is the only vehicle i got and i cant afford it hangin on the lift with no driveline for god only knows how long it would take for the driveline to be made. Please e-mail me back, post on here or call my cell if you have info (253)228-7463 Thanks! -Erik

crewrower21 said:
I recintly purchased the Rubicon Express 4.5 lift for my 90' jeep cherokee Laredo automatic 4.0 4x4. I need advice on what would be the best and least expensive way to go with the driveline and the Slip yoke/extender/Eliminator. I might be adding an inch to the 4.5 kit with spacers. Also if possible, if someone knows the mesurement for the driveline that would be saweet because this is the only vehicle i got and i cant afford it hangin on the lift with no driveline for god only knows how long it would take for the driveline to be made. Please e-mail me back, post on here or call my cell if you have info (253)228-7463 Thanks! -Erik

buy the Heavy Duty SYE and install it with your lift

then drive with out a rear driveshaft (in 4 hi) for a little bit till you can get your new custom driveshaft made...

unless your locked up front - this will work for you...

make sure your front pinion angle is correct.. though or you will be vibrated to death!

-Ranger

I'm at 4.5" and am still using the stock drive-shaft. My diff is pointed up slightly from longer shackles, the t-case is dropped 3/4" using some homemade spacers and I have a YJ slip yoke.

The yj slip yoke doesn't do much I'm sure I'd be fine without it.

Back