• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE kit and 32's stock gears

I ran 33 x 9.5's on stock 3.54's for several years. it was ok high 4 is worthless for trail work and it dont like big hills on the highway

this thread wont get you anywhere

the best thing that you could do is borrow a buddy's 32-33's and throw them on and see for yourself...

or drive a rig with 33's and 3.55....

my prediction of the rest of the thread:
"it made acceleration suck" "my crawl ratio sucked" "its doable" "add a big tranny cooler" "you can do it for a while, 4th gear will be useless" "re-gear"

If your going to end up upgradining in the future, put the money and do it right the first time, but if you are undecided, go with xj_rangers idea!

I would say get the 32s and regear later if you decide you need it. stock gears aren't too bad with 32s, i've been running that setup for 2 years now, it isn't the best, but it works.

XJ_ranger said:
my prediction of the rest of the thread:
"it made acceleration suck" "my crawl ratio sucked" "its doable" "add a big tranny cooler" "you can do it for a while, 4th gear will be useless" "re-gear"
x 4.56....

pawoodwagon said:
i second the big tranny cooler. I was running 32's with 3.55's and fryed an AW4!

I would bet lack of maintance and maybe water in it ruined it. but yes a good cooler is a great idea. I ran a seperate 10" where the airbox used to be then put a 10" puller fan on top of it with an adjustable stat

I've had 32's with 3.55 for over a year now. And live in nor cal, and pull the grades. Mine will still pull overdrive up some lesser grades, but not on the steeper ones. 4 high works fine for me in the mud, But on the rocks, it reaches a point where it just wont pull up stuff. Low is fine, but not as much compression braking as i'd like. That said, i think its useable. But as soon as i can afford it, im going 4.56

Back