• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relocating washer bottle

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody relocated the washer bottle on their 97+ xjs? I really want to cut just a bit more on my 98s fenders and need to remove the washer bottle to do so. Anybody figured a good way to relocate it. I wish I knew of someone selling the ARB relocation kit. Lost out on buying one from someone a few months ago.--------Kyle

dude, if you figure it out, PM me

i was scratching my head Sunday trying to figure out how it came out without breaking something so I can finish cutting up front... (but i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed)....

i was looking at that damn thing for at least 10 minutes, then it got dark, lol

offroadman83 said:
Anybody relocated the washer bottle on their 97+ xjs? I really want to cut just a bit more on my 98s fenders and need to remove the washer bottle to do so. Anybody figured a good way to relocate it. I wish I knew of someone selling the ARB relocation kit. Lost out on buying one from someone a few months ago.--------Kyle

Yeah.... I bought from a boneyard an 87 or 89 washer bottle and put it inside the engine bay. Works great and the total cost was about $5 for the bottle.

anyone care to shed some light on this? its time to get more generous with the cutting and this is holding me back. i cant even figure out how to get the thing out of there let alone hook it up somewhere in the engine.

Ramsey said:
anyone care to shed some light on this? its time to get more generous with the cutting and this is holding me back. i cant even figure out how to get the thing out of there let alone hook it up somewhere in the engine.

To get the bottle out you have to get the neck out of the bottle so that you can drop the bottle from the fender down.

Then pull the wires and the hoses back inside, get a bottle with the pumps that you like: as I said I got an OLD bottle and mounted it in front of the brake booster just like they used to mount them by attaching it to the inside fender. You can look at a donor or another older vehicle to get he idea (I'd take pics but it's dark: I'll try to do so tomorrow if I don't forget).

Thanks for the reply and if you could get pictures i would appreciate it. at work so i cant mess with it now but how do you get hte neck out.

Ramsey said:
Thanks for the reply and if you could get pictures i would appreciate it. at work so i cant mess with it now but how do you get hte neck out.
you yank it out: the neck is a piece of plastic with a lip at the end that's pushed through a rubber (hard rubber) grommet.

you'd be getting emeralds now, but i guess a thanks will have to do

Ive been wanting to do this for awhile... probably get a rustys air tube and use the space where the air box is now. But Ive been trying to find an new washer bottle... im sure theres some aftermarket company that makes washer bottles for custom cars and stuff

funny story. i was cutting my fenders on my 97 last weekend and all of a sudden, blue water started pouring out from behind my die grinder. i stopped cutting and sat there watching what looked like almost a gallon of washer fluid pour out of the cut line of the fender. funny sight. looked like the jeep was bleeding from being cut or something. i had an extra washer bottle from my 88 so i just hooked it up to the hoses and wired the pump in to it and relocated it under the hood. problem solved.

did some major wheelwell and fender surgery since i got that out the way today. cut a lot more and beat the crap out of everything inside with a bfh, ala cheapxj. i think i could run 35s on my 4" now and still have enough uptravel for good performance.

how did yall ge the wires back into the engine bay, i could not manipulate them back inside, right now they are just tucked out of the way. off to get a washer tank from an older one this weekend, and probably do some extra cutting on the back(past the pinch seam)

Ramsey said:
how did yall ge the wires back into the engine bay, i could not manipulate them back inside, right now they are just tucked out of the way. off to get a washer tank from an older one this weekend, and probably do some extra cutting on the back(past the pinch seam)
You can split open the loom and peel back the wires to the point where you need them. Once I post the pics you'll see (I'll have them as soon as they upload to an album)

once again thank you
emerald2037dt.jpg

You can see the old style washer bottle in the upper right here.

Note: The bottle comes with pumps - pay attention to this... One pump is for the windshield, the other is for the rear window.

headgasket.jpg

if ya'll are relocating the washer bottles, this is kinda random, but, i've got a relocation kit, i think, in my garage. Came with my ARB Bull Bar. It's for 97+ cherokees. I'll look around to try and find it if anyone is intrested.

It's brand new.
PM if you want it.

Tylor

Sorry guys, i just remembered, It's not from the bull bar, it came with my Safari Snorkel. Not that it makes any difference, it's still a washer bottle relocation kit for the newer jeeps, cause the pre-97 didn't need it. So, as soon as I get home, I will look around in the garage to make sure I have it and all the peices. Those that have PM'd me, i'll get you back with the definite yes or no as to it being in the garage. As for a price, make an offer.
Shipping is probably gonna be around $5, so, just tack $5 to the price.
Tylor

Hey Tylor,
Would it be possible to post a pic of that relocation bottle - just wondering if it is the same size or smaller and if it has all the fittings to make it a plug and play. thanks

i will try and describe it best I can after I know i def. have it. I would have been able to get a pic of it, but, someone else decided they wanted my digital camera more than I did, so, needless to say, I can't post a pic. Sorry. It is already spoken for if I have it though, but i'll let you know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

Tylor

Back