• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year gauges

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 Xj and was wondering what year gauges can I swap into mine. I have the dummy light cluster now and want to change it to the one with the tach and all. So does anybody know the years that will work for this application and what I will need to do this? Thanks Joe.

nuttinbuttmudd said:
look here for tech write up bro the yr used here should work

http://www.opiebennett.com/Gauge.htm

excellent work here did it to my jeep it rocks
Info in that link is incorrect.

The early style was used from 84 thru mid-87. Second style, still with the mechanical speedo, was mid-87 thru 90. Third style was 91 thru 96, and the 97-01 are all the same and also interchange with TJ Wranglers. RichP found that in the fourth style, although they all interchange, there are minor differences in the warning light cluster between 97 and 98-01.

Eagle said:
Info in that link is incorrect.

The early style was used from 84 thru mid-87. Second style, still with the mechanical speedo, was mid-87 thru 90. Third style was 91 thru 96, and the 97-01 are all the same and also interchange with TJ Wranglers. RichP found that in the fourth style, although they all interchange, there are minor differences in the warning light cluster between 97 and 98-01.

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner! The basic differences go with teh engine operating systems. renix, odb, odbII, then the newer interior style with the 98 and up

Back