• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice on some mud hole maintenance

nateo101

NAXJA Forum User
I was stuck in a deep water hole for about 2 hours. The mud/water was up to about 3 inches above the bottom of the drivers side door and of course the whole underneath didn't see daylight for a long time. I know to drain the diff. fluid, but is there some other things I shouldn't possible consider doing? The brakes are a little soft so I may get them bled anyway. Any suggestions for some maintenance? Thanks!

change the engine oil
change teh transmssion fluid
change the t-case fluid

if you have a clutch, flush that system

Brake fluid may need to be flushed
check compression at all 6 spark plugs

pull out the carpit on the inside and lay it out to dry - it will NEVER dry inside the vehicle and forevermore your vehicle will smell like POND unless you pull the carpits (yes that means all the seats, center console, seatbelts, and many interior trim pieces come out)

clean out very thuroughly your alternator - i reccomend flushing that with some distilled water

there is more to be done...

work on your recovery skills so it doesnt take you 2hrs to get everything out...

Back