• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex trackbar bushing size

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
The axle end of my Tera adj trackbar is shot and I can't find my warranty info, so my only option is to replace the bushing.

Does any know if it a proprietary bushing from Tera, or a common size one found at a parts store.

Thanks for the help.

Fergie

call them?

Maybe looks are deceiving but it looks like the same bushing as a stock trackbar.
Do you still have your original to compare it to???
I'm thinking about getting this bar so, I'll be curious as to what you find out.
Timbo

Fergie,

Did you ever talk to Teraflex about the frame end bushing? Mine is just about 4 years old and is shot with me going out of town this week. Thought I would check with you since prior to calling them tomorrow to see if there was an easier replacement.

It uses a stock bushing, or you can get a poly replacement one from any company. I'm doubtful that a poly one is better in this case though, because the stock one has rubber and metal in several layers, whereas the poly one is pure poly.

XJ92,

Thanks for responding. In between posts I have been combing through the Internet looking for answers and I found the following.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/front-track.html

This article helped me confirm that the bushing used was identical to the oem trackbar. Now that I know that for certain I can easily get the right part from Napa. Just wished I knew that sooner because I could have put an order in for a unit today. Kind of on a tight timeline as I leave Wednesday for a trip that will probably see me driving about 1500 - 2000 miles.

That's ultimately what I will end up doing. They may have had it on their shelf today,which means I could have had my Jeep back together instead of still sitting on jackstands. I made some caster changes yesterday and I am dying to see if they have created any negative side effects.

Back