• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable trackbar??

Citat3962

NAXJA Forum User
Two questions I haven't been able to sort out..

One..

At what lift height do I need a longer track bar? I'm looking at doing a 2"-3" lift

Two..

What is the best HD Adjustable trackbar availible for the $$?

Eventually I plan to go to a 5" lift and 33s and I'd like to be ahead of the game if it will be useful to have the bar at 3"

If it's only useful at 5" I wait til then to get it...

Doh... Found my answers but now I can't delete it..

Looks like what I want is to wait til I get a lift above 4" then pick up either the Rustys Super HD adjustable tracbar and frame stiffener....

or the RE extreme duty..

I'm leaning towards the rusty's design since it as the extra frame stiffener... always a good thing.... I'm not sure where or what it's bracing against..

I also plan to install a rigidco front winch bumper with all the bells and whistles... is the Rustys brace helping to support the steering box, which could cause interference with the rigidco bumper mounts?

or something else I don't know about this combination? I'd hate to buy a pile of goodies only to find some of them are mutually exclusive..

Citat3962 said:
Two questions I haven't been able to sort out..

One..

At what lift height do I need a longer track bar? I'm looking at doing a 2"-3" lift

Two..

What is the best HD Adjustable trackbar availible for the $$?

Eventually I plan to go to a 5" lift and 33s and I'd like to be ahead of the game if it will be useful to have the bar at 3"

If it's only useful at 5" I wait til then to get it...

best trackbar - JKS or RE...

needed at about 3"

XJ_ranger said:
best trackbar - JKS or RE...

needed at about 3"
x2.

Rusty's may have a great replacement warranty policy, but I've heard FAR too many cases where people have had to use that warranty. That alone calls the strength into question, and a trackbar is certainly not a piece you want to worry about..

YEah the more I look at it the JKS bar with "Kevin's Tracbar conversion" is the best tracbar for my final goals while still being able to work with the 2-3" lift I'll be doing now..

I think I'm going to get the lift on there... see if it negatively effects the handling.... and if so.. pick up the JKS from Kevins with the conversion mount..

If not I'll wait til I get the 5" lift together..

thanks for your help on this question which has obviously been covered and RE covered..

Another vote for a JKS adjustable trackbar. I wouldn't bother at 3" but seeing as you're going higher, that's the way to go.

I really like the RE adjustable--it's on its second XJ now. You'll notice the need for the longer track bar at 3" for sure. One of your wheels will stick out alot further than the other.

cjohnson said:
I really like the RE adjustable--it's on its second XJ now. You'll notice the need for the longer track bar at 3" for sure. One of your wheels will stick out alot further than the other.

yup, and then when you decide to go taller than 5" you'll want to switch your steering over the knuckles and then you'll have to shorten that RE bar, lol.

brandon
JKS or RE all the way brotha

Sweet!

Good To know.. Looks like I'll be at about 3" on F150 front coils. I'll get the JKS from Kevins and a set of LCA skids..

Funny it's the largest expense on this lift so far but.. IMO if it works well it's entirely worth it to maintain street driveability.

Back