• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idler Pulley Bearing

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
For an '88 XJ. Does anyone have a part number and source for just the replacement bearing?

Yes, I know there are a bunch of threads saying how cheap the complete pulley with bearing is, but nobody ever came up with a source and price for the bearing, yet many people said the bearing is available.

Anybody find one yet?

I'll have to assume you're talking about the solo idler near the top, and not the one under the AC Compressor (and therefore an integral part of the bracket.)

Are the numbers on your bearings readable? If you can, send me the numbers and I'll walk them past the guys at my parts house - they're used to me asking really strange questions.

Failing that, I'll have to see if one of the three I have is readable. If the guys at the local can't work something out, I've got a couple bearing houses to try as well. I'll see if I can't get an NTK, Timken, or SKF bearing number.

Did you get that email with all the Aircon stuff I sent? I sent it to your Juno addy.

5-90

Lou said:
From my '91,

FAG CG-425 559203BB C4 L26
Thanks.

Now to see if I can source that number ...

When mine went out in the '87 I had, Checker had it in stock. It was about $23 IIRC.

I just replace my idlers whenever I do the serp belt. Not going to take that off till I need to and do it becasue its good preventative maintenance. When we got the 2 97TJ's one idler was singing, one other had a tight spot.
Replacing the bearing itself might be an option provided they only used one part number, otherwise you'd have to cross reference the bearings on each idler, the idler wheels themselves might have different sized holes..

Back