• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

take off springs for DB ???

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i HAVE been searching for a while now and so far no luck.i just purchased brand new RE drop brackets and ive been reading up to get ready for my install. now i know how hard it is to reconnect a LOWER control arms with the springs already on. and i HATE doing it. my question is do i have to take off my coil springs in order to install these drop brackets ? will the upper and lower control arms easily bolt back up with the brackets on ? ???

well - to install the DB's you need to take off the lowers and uppers right?

the springs should almost fall out at that point (wiht the axle on the ground...)

only thing holding the axle on will be the steering and trackbar - and i wouldnt want to compress springs with only thoes two locating points... one of which is meant to move...

the only thing holding the springs in will be the spring retainer clips (if you reinstalled them) and they are an easy loosen and remove...

the only thing is. back when i installed my springs a few days ago (4.5) i used coil spacers and it was BITCH... and i broke the compressors. so i really dont want to have to do that again. would i have to re compress them or can i just leave em in the spring perches and install the brackets ? or will the control arms be too hard to line up if i leave them on ? because i know that it is much easier to install the control arms firss then put the springs in, but i dont nkow if its different for drop brackets. im hoping it is and i can leave the springs in there haa

You can leave the springs in just fine, no problems whatsoever.

You'll need to use a bottle jack, or some kind of jack, at the trackbar mount to jack the pinion angle to where it should be.

Just be sure to set your CAs to the correct length if you are using adjustable ones, as it is NOT the same as setting them for stock locations.

Fergie

im going to use RE LOWER FIXED for the 3 " lift and i will be using STOCK upper control arms. i was told that i would be ok with these CA lengths and they are pretty close to the correct length i should use

generalleexj said:
im going to use RE LOWER FIXED for the 3 " lift and i will be using STOCK upper control arms. i was told that i would be ok with these CA lengths and they are pretty close to the correct length i should use

You'll be just fine with those CAs.

Fergie

Back